Conveyancing deals with the transfer of ownership of a property. A conveyancer in Cairns acts for you when it comes time to sell, buy or transfer a property.
WHAT DOES A CONVEYANCER DO?
A conveyancer's duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing your Contract of sale
- Advising you of critical dates in relation to the contract
- Conduct searches pertaining to the property
- Ensuring relevant documents are prepared and in order for settlement
- Liaising with your financier
- Liaising with Lawyers and conveyancers acting for the other side of the transaction
- Arranging settlement with your financier and those on the other side
- Attending to settlement
WHY DO I NEED A CONVEYANCER?
While it is not a legal requirement to hire a conveyancer, the benefits of utilizing their services are:
- They are familiar with the laws regarding the sale, purchase and transfer of property
- They can advise you of potential benefits and pitfalls of the contract
- They are experienced in dealing with financiers, real estate agents and other Lawyers and Conveyancers
- It takes pressure off you dealing with the matter at hand
- They are experienced in preparing the necessary documents required for the transaction to proceed to settlement smoothly
HOW DO I ENGAGE THE SERVICES A CONVEYANCER?
Contact Marino Lawyers Cairns who will be able provide you with a conveyancing service that has the added support of hands on Lawyers.
Alternatively, the Real Estate Agent who has prepared the contract will be able to recommend a conveyancer to you.